Friday, June 27, 2008

RAK card



This is a special card I made for Freddy. Here's why:

Hi Everyone -

I have never asked for RAK's before, but I could really use your help. My husband and I have custody of our 6 year old grandson, Freddy. Long story short --- Freddy has bipolar disorder. Dad is in jail, and Mom (my daughter) couldn't handle him. We took him in when he was 4 years old. He is like my own child. Freddy can be loving, sweet and affectionate, but when he gets upset he can not control his anger. He tries to hurt himself and others. Again -- long story short -- after numerous medications, the doctor decided that he needed to be hospitalized, so they could stabilize his mood swings faster.

Freddy knows that he has a problem, and knows that he is in the "camp - hospital" to get better and not be angry anymore. He was admitted yesterday. His calls and visits are limited, but his mail is not. He has ALWAYS loved getting mail, and asked if he could have a "secret sister" too when he saw me get cards from mine. LOL He loves to stamp with "Nanny" and I know that it would really brighten his time in the hospital and encourage him to receive cards from "Nanny's Stamping Friends". If you have time to send a card to Freddy, I would appreciate SO MUCH. His address is:

Freddy Golnek
% Four Winds Hospital
Gate House
800 Cross River Road
Katonah, New York 10536

Thanks again!


Lisa Flynn

Web Site: www.LisaFlynn. StampinUp. net

My Recipe:

  • In the Stars(Occasions Mini 2008)
  • Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Whisper White card stock
  • Basic Black and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pads
  • Versamark pad
  • Journaler pen black
  • 1/8" hole punch
  • 1/4" hole punch
  • 1/2" circle punch
  • 1" circle punch
  • 1 3/8" circle punch
  • Scallop circle punch
  • Word window punch
  • Small oval punch
  • Coluzzle Cutting System
  • LOTS of Stampin' dimensionals

Thanks for looking,

Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment