Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chalkboard Technique



I've been seeing the chalkboard technique on a few other blogs as well as on SUDSOL so I thought I'd give it a try. I started with a stamp that I could use two colors on. Then I thought I'd incorporate those colors somehow on a basic black card front. This was my vision. It's a very unusual card. No, maybe I shouldn't say unusual. It's more of a very "different" card for me. I do like it, though. I always love the results of chalk but I'm so darn messy with it. You should see my versamark pad. I have Night of Navy chalk specks ALL OVER it from another project. It still works the same, just kinda looks bad. Not to fret! I'll keep using my chalk!

Recipe

  • Happy Harmony stamp set (retired)
  • Basic Black card stock
  • Old Olive card stock
  • Brilliant Blue card stock
  • Whisper White card stock
  • Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
  • Stampin' Pastels
  • Boho Blossoms punch
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • White brads (Michaels)

Thanks for looking,

Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment