Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SOOOO Incredibly Behind...

I am so incredibly behind on keeping up with my blog! I've been busy busy busy. First, I had been pre-occupied with what I'm going to do for my swaps at convention. Then once I'd gotten started on them, my boys got ear infections. Both boys! Four ears, three infections! Not fun. Finally, after all of that was under control, I started on my swaps again only to find out I needed to put in an order because I was running low on stuff. That should arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, my husband's family had a reunion over the weekend which we went out of town for so I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything. BUT...I did get tagged by a fellow demo, Dani. So here are seven things about me:


1. The very first StampinUp stamp I ever touched was just on June 3rd of last year. I loved it from the start. I hosted a workshop from that party and knew I wanted to be a demonstrator. I would've signed up sooner than February but I'd had a baby in August and wanted to let all of that settle in before starting "my own business."

2. I am a REALLY late night stamper. Most of my work gets done between 11pm and 3am. My boys get so much of my undivided attention every day that I hardly have any time to spent in my card factory during the day. Plus I like the uninterrupted peaceful time I get in there at night.

3. I drink a mocha blast from Baskin Robbins DAILY! I absolutely love them! I have a Baskin Robbins just a few minutes from my house so I tend to make it a point to get out everyday if for nothing else than getting ice cream.

4. I'm a hair twirler. I constantly twist and play with my hair. I've been doing it ever since I can remember.

5. I did not want children for the first 25 years of my life. I thought I'd never want any but the year I'd decided to was a life changing one. Once I'd made that decision, I waited a full year to be sure. Now I can't imagine life without my wonderful boys!

6. Both of my boys were born prematurely. My first was 9 weeks early and spent nearly 6 weeks in the NICU. He had three holes in his heart and was a really slow eater (and still is) but his lungs were great. He was only on the respirator the first day. He had apnea so he had to be hooked to a monitor for six months and over time all three holes closed up on their own (thank you God). My second was 6 weeks early. He was 5 lbs. That's big compared to the 3 lbs 7 oz my first one was born at. He was in excellent health and a big eater (and still is). His only issue was jaundice. He spent only nine days in the NICU. Motherhood, so far, has been one hell of a ride!

7. Hmm. I'm having trouble thinking of something for #7. Let's see. Oh, I used to ride a motorcycle. It was for a brief period. My husband has one and I always rode with him. We finally decided to get my own. After a few months, I wrecked it. It was a minor drop of the bike but nonetheless still needed some repairs. After fixing it, we sold it. Shortly after, I had become pregnant with my first child. And that was the end of that.

Thanks for reading,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment