Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Non-StampinUp Halloween? Say it isn't so!



Yes, it's true. I don't use ALL StampinUp ALL the time.
It all began when I tried to make room for more stamp sets. Next thing I know, I'm cleaning out my entire stamp room! The "spiders" on the web are just knots from ribbon. They were leftovers from a wedding I'd made invites for back in April. Once I taken the extra invites apart, I saw a pile of ribbon knots on my desk and all I could think was that they looked like a bunch of spiders. So...I began to think....I had to have spiders on a web...I did buy a web from the dollar bin at JoAnn's a few weeks ago. Then came scraps of retired Halloween Designer Series Paper from StampinUp. Of course, I HAD to use some old ribbon I hadn't played with in awhile either. The sentiment came from a collection of holiday stamps I bought at Hobby Lobby over a year ago.
I have to say, it feels good to use some of my old (non-StampinUp) materials I still have lying around every once in awhile. It eases my fear of thinking I might be a hoarder. LOL! I LOVE StampinUp and for the majority of the time I stick with all StampinUp products but I do have quite a few things that aren't StampinUp from when I first began crafting. Some day I'll work on gettig rid of stuff but it won't be anytime soon. Especially now that I've managed to make more space in my craft room!
Thanks for looking!
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment